Supervised by: Program Manager of DDS Services
Schedule- Monday-Friday/8a-4p(40 hours w/ paid lunch)
Hourly Rate: $11.50
General Description of Position:
The person in this position will be responsible for training, supervising and supporting individuals with disabilities, both at the base site and in the community; specific to the individuals’ needs. This position will function according to the policies established by Abilities Without Boundaries, with the goal to maximize the potential of the individuals in the program.
- Treat all program participants in an age appropriate manner, with respect and dignity, and encourage opportunities that promote choices.
- Train, supervise and support program participants in community, vocational, social/leisure, recreational and other identified skill areas; ensuring quality work and meeting established production standards set by employer(s), as appropriate.
- Maintain a professional environment during work hours.
- Act as a primary liaison between assigned worksites/employers/customers and Abilities Without Boundaries, promoting program participants’ inclusion in the community.
- Prepare substitute plans for all assigned program participants and update as needed. Develop and maintain worksites.
- Provide information relevant to assigned program participants payroll.
- Maintain production/count records for wages and provide this information to the Program Manager of DDS Services.
- Responsible for the safety of all individuals; ensure the proper use of supplies/equipment, facilities and vehicles; report all accidents and provide a written Incident Report.
- Keep the administration informed of any changes in established policies and procedures or the need to modify any area of the operation/activity and have open communication with individual’s residential staff/family.
- Review and be familiar with information in master files and correctly file all appropriate documents in the master files.
- Cleaning and maintenance of the facility, vehicles, and equipment.
Other Related Responsibilities
- Attend all agency staff meetings
- Keep informed and implement current trends and methods of working with individuals with disabilities if changes are made to DDS documents
- Maintain good daily attendance; Be cooperative, versatile, and work as a team member
- Maintain a positive attitude; Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of persons and population served.
- To be able to respond to emergency situations such as hospital visits and reaching out to guardians, group homes and other family contacts followed by submitting necessary incident reports in a timely/appropriate manner; Committing your time after hours if necessary per individual needs in case of an emergency for the individuals you are assigned to.
- If an agency vehicle is not available for transporting our individuals served, you will be asked to transport the individual in your personal vehicle for their day-to-day services such as AM/PM transportation. (Mileage will be reimbursed)
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma/GED and 2 years of experience with the DDS Population.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Must have valid State of Connecticut Driver’s License and be insurable with the agency carrier.
- Must be able to meet physical demands of the job. These include, but are not limited to: ability to lift minimum of 50 pounds for assisting participants in personal care needs and/or the purpose of performing daily job duties, ability to twist, bend and reach immediately to address medical and behavioral incidents, ability to enter and exit agency vehicle at numerous stops for a minimum of one hour and the ability to drive agency vehicle for a minimum of 30 minutes without stops.
- Must be able to become DDS Medication Certified within the first three months of hire.
- Must complete the Agency’s Employee Training.
- Certification and Training, including but not limited to: CPR, First Aid, PMT, Medication Certification etc.
- Must have reliable transportation including current insurance and registration.
This position is full time which includes health benefits, paid time off and paid holidays.
Note: This job description covers the most significant duties but does not include other assignments, related duties or temporary assignments.
To Apply contact Business Manager Amanda Barnes. Click on her name to email or call: 203-272-5607, @ ext. 100.