Update August 3, 2020
Abilities Without Boundaries, Inc. COVID-19 Protocol
Abilities Without Boundaries (AWB) created 4 services available to individuals for our reopening on 7-15-2020 as a result of COVID-19: at AWB, direct to community or work, online and in-home. Services and their specific guidelines are detailed in this protocol.
The goal of this protocol is to ensure that safety regulations are followed and to ensure that services can continue for our individuals and staff.
Services being offered by Abilities Without Boundaries
On site programing:
- At AWB. The individual will be brought to the Abilities Without Boundaries building. Pick up at home, brought to the building/community/work, then return home.
- Direct to Community or Work. The individual will be picked up by an AWB Program Instructor and brought out to the community or work and then brought back home. These individuals are not to be at the Abilities Without Boundaries building on the day they are scheduled to be at work or in the community.
- Online support. The individual will participate in AWB Online© or they will receive 1:1 Zoom meetings the days they are not receiving physical AWB services.
- In-home support. The individual will receive support in their own homes by 1 AWB Program Instructor.
At AWB. Each suite is to be cleaned at the beginning and end of each shift by Program Instructors. Use the “Cleaning Checklist.”
There will be no more than 4 Individuals per floor at a time. On each floor individuals will always be distanced at least 6 feet apart from one another.
Abilities Without Boundaries will provide in-building services from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm daily Monday through Friday.
Pick up from home to Community activity / Employment then back home. In order to reduce the amount of people in our building, we will be servicing up to 15 Individuals completing community activity or completing employment. Community activities will consist of safe DDS approved outings (parks, trails, gardens).
In-home support. We will be providing in-home services for 5 individuals. Staff will be required to wear a mask in the home. Staff will be required to have their temperature checked before entering the home. Staff will provide in-home support for up to 3 hours a day at least 3 times a week.
AWB has developed a virtual platform called AWB Online©. We surveyed our individuals over the quarantine and developed a program based around their likes and needs. It’s a password protected service on our website. Each activity has a written description and individuals can join at any time. All our individuals will have access and be will be encouraged to use our virtual services. Those individuals utilizing other services will be encouraged to join our virtual services on their off days.
Individuals who do not meet the DDS criteria for on-site programming will be offered In-Home Support, Community Activity, or Virtual Services.
HEALTH SCREENING UPON ENTRY INTO THE BUILDING:
Staff and individuals will drive up to the side of the building by the AWB Vans. Upon driving up, staff and individuals will have their temperatures checked using an inferred thermometer and asked COVID-19 screening questions. Please see paper labeled “DDS COVID-19 Screening” for the questioner. A trained AWB staff member will be designated to perform daily screening and filling out the paper.
Refer to “Exposure Protocol” section on duration of time to remain out of program/work if present with COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 related symptoms.
HEALTH SCREENING FOR INDIVIDUAL PICK UP:
Individuals will be screened before entering the vehicles in the morning at their domicile. They will be asked COVID-19 screening questions.
USE OF PPE:
All staff are always required to wear their mask. Masks are to be worn over the nose and mouth.
Contact a member of the Executive Staff with any questions regarding masks or PPE.
Abilities Without Boundaries will provide 1 disposable mask per week for each staff member that requests one. Gloves with be provided by Abilities Without Boundaries upon request.
Abilities Without Boundaries will provide 1 new mask per individual per day.
If staff or individuals prefer to wear their own reusable masks, that will be allowed.
All staff must always wear face coverings in the AWB facility, this includes any shared space and spaces restricted to staff only.
Individuals who are able to wear a mask will be required to wear one.
Those who had an exposure to a person with known or suspected COVID-19 should self-quarantine at home for 14 days after the last exposure, stay at least 6 feet away from others, avoid contact with people at higher risk for severe illness, and self-monitor for symptoms.
The 14- day period for quarantine reflects the 14-day maximum incubation period for COVID-19.
- If symptoms develop during the 14-day quarantine, the individual should follow home isolation guidance for cases and seek medical care and testing.
- A person who tests negative during their 14-day quarantine period should continue to self-quarantine until the end of their 14-day quarantine period.
- If an individual does not develop symptoms during the 14-day quarantine period, then they may be released from self-quarantine.
Our virtual online program provides skill building and provides a daily schedule.
In-home support of DSO and GSE is new to our agency.
AWB Online© was suspended May 20, 2022. With most all of our individuals participating in-person, and the expected return of others, virtual services were no longer needed as a full program. We continue to offer an hour of virtual programming 5 days a week and wellness phone calls and Zoom meetings for individuals still at home.